Write for us
Ellora’s Cave is always looking for new talent and welcomes unsolicited manuscripts from authors, whether you have an agent or not. We want great storytelling, fresh writing, compelling characters and hot sex that will thrill our readers and capture their imagination.
We are digital publishers and all of our work is done electronically. We do not accept paper submissions.
If you have any questions about our guidelines, or about the status of a prior submission, please email Submissions@ellorascave.com.
Before you submit:
Download the Author Information and Submission Guidelines Packet
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT?
We're sorry, this function of our webstore is still in test mode. After you have read the Submission Guidelines (see above), please submit your manuscript to us by emailing Submissions@ellorascave.com . You must attach one file (docx, doc, or rtf format only) to your email. The file should contain your cover letter, story synopsis and manuscript.
Boys Will Do Boys
Let’s get one thing straight—these heroes are not. Sorry ladies, no heroines allowed in these tales of lust and love between men. Bring on the M/M! (Or M/M/M, or M/M/M/M…)
- Length: 20K – 70K words
- Deadline for both internal/external submissions: 5/1/13 (earlier is preferred)
- All stories will release under our Spectrum (GLBT) Line, but all sub-genres and themes are welcome
- Stories release in December 2013/January 2014
Cotillion Christmas Traditions
Sweet, Christmas-themed traditional Regencies from our Blush Line of non-erotic romance.
- Length: 12K – 25K
- Deadline for internal submissions: June 15
- Deadline for external submissions: May 15
- Regency Christmas traditions must be a theme in all stories, with particular dedication to historical accuracy (no Victorian Christmas trees, etc.)
- Cotillion guidelines: 1 flame; set in Regency-era England; focus on the social setting/mores of the time Ebooks release in October 2013
- Print anthology releases in November 2013