Write for us
Ellora’s Cave is always looking for new talent and welcomes unsolicited manuscripts from authors, whether you have an agent or not. We want great storytelling, fresh writing, compelling characters and hot sex that will thrill our readers and capture their imagination.
We are digital publishers and all of our work is done electronically. We do not accept paper submissions.
If you have any questions about our guidelines, or about the status of a prior submission, please email Submissions@ellorascave.com.
Before you submit:
Download and read the Author Information and Submission Guidelines Packet
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT?
After you have read the Submission Guidelines (see above), please submit your manuscript to us by emailing Submissions@ellorascave.com . You must attach one file (docx, doc, or rtf format only) to your email. The file should contain your cover letter, story synopsis and manuscript. The cover email should contain only the information we list in the submissions guidelines.
2013 Calls for Submissions
Sexy seniors. Mature heroines and heroes have the benefit of experience and well-developed skills! These over-fifty heroines show that love and lust last a lifetime.
- Length: 10K – 70K words
- Deadline for both internal/external submissions: 2/1/14 (earlier is preferred)
- Heroines must be 50+ as “real” age—no immortal vampires, hundred-year-old shapeshifters, or twenty-somethings who’ve been in an enchanted sleep for fifty years, please! No older woman/younger man stories—heroes could be a few years younger to many years older than heroine, but the story is not about their age difference. (Could also be two heroines or two heroes. J )
- Most EC Lines and subgenres welcome.
- Stories release in September 2014.
Christmas crushes, Hanukkah hotties, Kwanzaa kinksters and New Year’s naughtiness—all winter holidays are welcome in this series that’s an homage to ménage. Threesomes, foursomes and moresomes abound, in any gender combination that makes your holiday horny!
- Length: 20K – 45K words
- Deadline for both internal/external submissions: 4/15/14 (earlier is preferred)
- All time periods, Lines and subgenres accepted.
- Story must be set during a year-end holiday and include elements reflecting that.
- Stories release in December 2014